Wed 06 Feb 2019 10:29
Awesome! Being a coach is one of the most rewarding experiences in Rugby. At DOUGLAS RUFC we strive to develop and support our coaches to be the best they can. There are also several other roles that each age group/team needs, including:
- Assistant Coach
- Team Manager
- First Aider (each age group needs one or more)
- Safeguarding Officer (each age group needs one or more)
- Team Admin (Website and GMS etc.)
To find out more see the following link:
Requirements for all Age Grade Coaches/Volunteers (Head Coach & Coaching Coordinator Carl Murray):
- Register with the Club Coaching Co-ordinator (Carl Murray).
- Join DRUFC as a Member (see Membership Application Form). There is not currently a fee for joining as a coach/volunteer. See the Registration and Membership page for an online form.
- All Coaches/volunteers need to complete an application form and also undergo a specific RFU DBS (formerly CRB) check every 3 years. This needs to be undertaken by one of the Club's Safeguarding Officers (Guidance on DRUFC DBS Checks). There is currently no charge for this.
- All coaches and volunteers are required to be familiar with and uphold the club's code of conduct (see Welfare and Safeguarding section).
- Register and keep up to date a record on the RFUs Game Management System (GMS). This needs to be linked to the club (Carl will assist). This is where a record of all your RFU checks and training courses will be kept, and is the same username and password as used for the EnglandRugby website to view resources and book courses etc.
- You will be given access to the Team Page(s) on the Club's website via First Sport & GMS, which needs to be kept up to date with your details, training times, fixtures etc.
- Some roles require specific qualifications (First Aid etc). All Coaches and volunteers should make themselves familiar with the Welfare and Safeguarding requirements on the club website Link to club welfare and safeguarding pages
- The RFU RugbySafe initiative contains essential requirements to coach safely RugbySafe link: https://www.englandrugby.com/rugbysafe/
Contact your age group coach in the first instance. Coaches should contact Carl Murray.